Connecting a MessageBird WhatsApp API account to chat with customers over Whatsapp.
To connect MessageBird WhatsApp, a MessageBird WhatsApp API account is required. We have a guide to creating one here.
In addition to providing SMS, MessageBird is also an API provider that works directly with WhatsApp. MessageBird provides businesses with phone numbers and WhatsApp Official API accounts.
This MessageBird WhatsApp API integration lets you respond to WhatsApp messages directly from our platform.
The MessageBird WhatsApp Channel has a 24 hour messaging window. Once a WhatsApp User messages your WhatsApp Business Account, you will have 24 hours to reply.
After 24 hours no reply will be possible unless you use a Template Message.
1. Navigate to Settings > Add Channel > WhatsApp > MessageBird.
Connecting MessageBird WhatsApp
3. Find your Live API Keys and add it in the field provided.
6. Find WhatsApp and press Configure.
7. Find the Channel ID and add in the in the field provided.
8. Press Done.
You are Done. Now any new message that is sent to your MessageBird WhatsApp number will appear in YesHello
Every MessageBird WhatsApp channel connected can be configured with a unique:
- Channel Name
- Greeting Message
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the MessageBird channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
Configure MessageBird WhatsApp
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.
Your Channel Name and/or Greeting Message has been edited.
Before sending a message template to a contact, the message template has to be submitted and approved by WhatsApp. Please refer to the WhatsApp Partners API, MessageBird for the official documentation on how to set up the WhatsApp Message Template.
Step-by-step instructions to submit Message Template at MessageBird
Only if you have WhatsApp access, you can submit a Message Template from your Dashboard via the WhatsApp Template Manager.
- 1.Head to the WhatsApp Template Manager in the WhatsApp Section on the left side of your Message Dashboard.
- 2.Click on Create template, a pop up will open.
- 3.Fill out all the information
- Name: in small letters only and spaces need to be replaced with an underscore
- Category: should describe the purpose of the message
- Language: the language of the template
- Content: is the full body of the message, with the option to add unique parameters represented as placeholders.
- 4.Double-check all the information and, once you're ready, click on Submit for approval.
Keep in mind that once submitted for approval, a message template cannot be edited.
Once all is set up at MessageBird, you may proceed to configure at YesHello Platform.
1. Navigate to Settings > Channels 2. Select the WhatsApp MessageBird channel and press 'TEMPLATES' 3. Press 'ADD NEW TEMPLATES'
Configuring templates for Whatsapp
4. Fill in the required information
A name used to identify the template
The message template approved by WhatsApp and to be sent to the contact
The unique identifier provided by the WhatsApp Partner API
In which language this template is written in
* You may receive your namespace by email from MessageBird. If you have not receive your namespace, please contact MessageBird as the namespace is a required field.
5. Review the information and press 'SAVE' when it is ready.