Connecting a Vonage WhatsApp API account to chat with customers over Whatsapp.
To connect Vonage WhatsApp, a Vonage WhatsApp API account is required. We have a guide to creating one here.
In addition to providing SMS, Vonage is also an API provider that works directly with WhatsApp. Vonage provides businesses with phone numbers and WhatsApp Official API accounts.
This Vonage WhatsApp API integration lets you respond to WhatsApp messages directly from our platform.
The Vonage WhatsApp Channel has a 24 hour messaging window. Once a WhatsApp User messages your WhatsApp Business Account, you will have 24 hours to reply.
After 24 hours no reply will be possible unless you use a Template Message.
1. Navigate to Settings > Add Channel > SMS > Vonage.
Connecting Vonage WhatsApp
3. Find the API Key on the Dashboard and add it in the field provided.
Settings Page on Vonage Dashboard
4. Find the API Secret on the Dashboard and add it in the field provided.
5. Press Next.
7. Create an Application and give it a name.
8. Enable the Messages toggle.
9. Add URL generated to the Inbound URL field.
10. Add URL generated to the Status URL field.
11. Scroll down and press Generate New Application.
12. Open the Linked external accounts tab.
13. Press Link next to the Nexmo WhatsApp Number.
14. Press Next.
Connecting Vonage WhatsApp
15. Select Enabled WhatsApp Number to be connected.
17. Press Edit and then press Generate Public and Private Key.
15. Add the Private Key file generated from the Vonage Dashboard in the field provided.
16. Press Save Changes on the dashboard.
17. Press Done.
All future WhatsApp messages sent to that phone number will appear on the YesHello Platform.
Every Vonage WhatsApp channel connected can be configured with a unique:
- Channel Name
- Greeting Message
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the Vonage channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.
Your Channel Name and/or Greeting Message has been edited.
Before sending a message template to a contact, the message template has to be submitted and approved by WhatsApp. Please refer to the WhatsApp Partners API, Vonage for the official documentation on how to set up the WhatsApp Message Template.
Once all is set up at Vonage, you may proceed to configure at YesHello Platform.
1. Navigate to Settings > Channels 2. Select the WhatsApp Vonage channel and press 'TEMPLATES' 3. Press 'ADD NEW TEMPLATES'
Configuring templates for Whatsapp
4. Fill in the required information
A name used to identify the template
The message template approved by WhatsApp and to be sent to the contact
The unique identifier provided by the WhatsApp Partner API
In which language this template is written in
5. Review the information and press 'SAVE' when it is ready.