Connect YesHello to WeChat.
WeChat (微信 or Weixin) is a Chinese multi-purpose messaging, social media and mobile payment app developed by Tencent. As China's most popular app, it is also one of the world's largest mobile apps by with over 1 billion monthly active users and 902 million daily active users. This WeChat Official Account integration lets your respond to messages directly from our platform.
1. Navigate to Settings > Add Channel > WeChat.
3. Navigate to the Basic Configuration | 基本配置 page.
4. Find the AppID and add it in the field provided.
5. Generate the App Secret and add it in the field provided.
To generate the App Secret, you have to pass two verification steps. First, you will have to scan a QR code on the webpage. After which, you will be asked to re-enter your account password.
Once you have completed the security measures, a brand new App Secret will be generated.
6. Press Next.
7. Add the IPs listed below to the IP Whitelist on WeChat Official Accounts Platform.
8. Press the Change Configuration button to open Server Configurations.
WeChat Configuration Menu (translated)
9. Add the URL generated to the URL field on WeChat Official Accounts Platform.
10. Add the Token generated to the Token field on WeChat Official Accounts Platform.
11. Generate an Encoding AES key (although it's not used) and select Plain Text Mode for message encryption.
12. Press Submit to save these settings.
13. Press on the green Enable button. It should then turn red.
Enabling the Connection
14. Press Done on the platform.
Every WeChat channel connected can be configured with a unique:
- Channel Name
- Greeting Message
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the WeChat channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
4. Add Channel Name.
Note that the Channel Name is private and will only be used within the platform to identify this channel.
5. Add Greeting Message.
This is the first message that will be sent to your Contact when they message you through the WeChat.
6. Press Done to update channel configuration.
The WeChat Channel has the limitation listed below:
- WeChat audio messages do not play in Chrome as the format .wav sent by WeChat is not supported by Chrome.
1. Navigate to YesHello Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the WeChat channel to troubleshoot.
3. Press the Troubleshoot button for the channel.
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.